The mission of the health department is to ensure the public health and safety of the residents of Westfield by accomplishing the following:
- Environmental protection
- Public health nursing
- Health inspections and related code enforcement
- Administration of a variety of health and safety related programs and services
- Juanita A. Carnes, N.P., Chairperson
- Michael Paquette, RPH
- Dr. Teresa Mitchell, M.D.
Health Department News
NEW! 2017 Health Department Newsletter
* Click HERE to view
* Westfield residents can help prevent prescription drug abuse by properly disposing of unused and expired medications! Read on...
* Thinking of traveling or just got back from traveling outside of the United States and worried about Zika Virus? Get answers with the Zika Virus Fact Sheet from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
For more information on Zika from the MA Department of Public Health visit their website
* Radon is the #1 non-smoking cause of lung cancer. Have you had your home tested? Come to the Westfield Health Department to receive a FREE home radon test kit. Please click on this link to learn more about radon!
* Limiting the amount of Fats, oils, and grease we put down the drain can be beneficial for everyone. Please read more on how preventing FOG from entering our city sewers, and septic systems can save residents money.