Westfield Dog Bark
Subfacility of Arm Brook
|Other Link||How Do I Reserve Park Facilities for an Event?|
- Dog Park
- Park Bench(es)
- Water Facuet
Westfield Dog Bark Friends Inc., a voluntary organization supporting the park.
The dog park is a hit with both dog and owner alike. Your dog(s) will enjoy free running within the fenced in park and an opportunity to play with other dogs. Owners find the park a wonderful place to interact with their pets as well as make human social connections with other owners.
The park is a fenced in area with tree cover offering partial shade, bedded with wood chips keeping the park mostly dust or mud free, and has park benches and picnic style tables. Dog waste bags and disposal receptacles are in the park for owners to clean up after their animal(s). A water faucet for drinking water is available (closed in winter). Visitor donations often keep a supply of water bowls, dog toys, and tennis balls available at the park.
At present, the park is welcome to all dog sizes, however a desire for a designated small dog area is being explored (2017).
Dog Park Rules and Guidelines
Upon entering the dog park, you agree to follow the safety rules and guidelines for the dog area:
- Leash your dog when entering and exiting the dog area and IMMEDIATELY upon any sign of aggression.
- Keep your dog within view and under control. Never leave your dog unattended.
- Clean up after your dog anywhere in the park. Plastic bags and poop dispensers are available on premise in order keep the park healthy and beautiful for all to enjoy.
- Owner limit (2) dogs per visit.
- Do not bring in aggressive dogs, female dogs in heat, very young puppies, and sick dogs. Dogs displaying aggressive behavior will be asked to leave.
- Smoking, food, and drink (except for training treats) are not allowed within the dog enclosure.
- Young children under the age of 8 are NOT ALLOWED in the enclosed area for their safety and children younger than 16 will have to be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs must be licensed dogs and up to date with vaccinations.
- Dog tags must be worn or proper documentation must be accessible.
Westfield Dog Bark Friends Inc. has suggestions on introducing a new dog to the park for the first time.
See Arm Brook Park - "A Dog Friendly Area"