The city clerk’s office is responsible for maintaining the custody of birth, death and marriage records for the City of Westfield. These records date back to the 1700′s, which are often used in genealogy research.
The city clerk’s office serves the public daily by issuing:
- Certified copies of birth, death and marriage records
- Tag sale and flea market permits. Must adhere to Safety Guidelines as set forth by the State and by the City of Westfield's Health Director. Safety Guidelines for Tag Sales
- Business certificates
- Raffle and bazaar permits
- Auctioneer licenses
- Billiard licenses
- Taxi licenses
- Underground / above ground fuel storage licenses
- Board and commission minutes
- Special permits
- City contracts
- Other miscellaneous items
The city clerk, by virtue of her position, is also the clerk of the City Council. Therefore, all work generated by City Councilors is prepared and maintained in the city clerk’s office. A few examples of this would be the City Council agendas, City Council minutes, ordinances, orders, resolutions, appointments to boards and commissions, etc.
In closing, the city clerk’s office is the custodian of records for the City of Westfield.